Sunday, January 4, 2009

You may have noticed I've been MIA on the intertubes this past week. After applying for an animation job at a local studio, they requested I complete an Animation Test. I had to create 3 animations within a week (the week of New Years, my future Brother-in-law's birthday, and many family thingybops... of all weeks...). Monday to Monday. I just finished a little bit ago, though we all know an animator is never complete with his work, and plan to continue working on them in the future. The time deadline was killer ;(

I had an absolute blast working on these though - it's been so long since I did straight hand-key work. Midway didn't often request it, and when they did it was just a simple addition to the end of a motion captured movement or something. Ah well, here they are for all to see!

Oh yea, the studio mentioned that working in 3ds Max would be a plus - so I used that. First time since college, it took a few hours to get rolling, but mostly everything went smooth after the first day. Eggch, except for the Constraints. I was having a hell of a time figuring out how to set up a simple parent/child constraint, is there no way to key the weight!?


"I have exercised the demons" (Has Audio) This sound-clip is from Ace Ventura.




"I have exercised the demons" (Has Audio) I attached a camera to his face so you can see the facial animation better.




"Run-Knockdown"



"Heavy-Throw"


Now that I met the deadline, I'll be going back and really tweaking these out. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment