Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Yesterday I finally finished rigging the last two characters for a short funded by the US Army. Because of the crazy short deadlines, I figured the quickest and easiest way to go about the rigging was to use Motion Builder for body animation. This gets the body rigging tasks out of the way because Motion Builder auto rigs your characters with a decent setup.

Once this file was handed off to the animator, it bought me enough time to crank out four facial rigs built in Maya, where the body animation would later be transferred to.

Had the deadline been a little lighter, I would much rather have built the entire setup in Maya. Either way, I'm glad to have completed it before the Holidays so I can relax and enjoy the time with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment